Translate

Monday 18 August 2014

Breaking News...

Well, we've been sweltering in our own mini heatwave here in Crete, but I'm very relieved to say it's finally cooled down a bit and there's a lovely breeze today.

I've been waiting to write this blog until I had confirmation of some news, and now I have it!
Meet Les...
this old boy ( about 10) needed a new home after his lifetime companion had died.  the family couldn't give him a home, and he's been so sad to be alone...we talked it through and decided to offer him a place here with us.  We're hoping he'll be here with us sometime this week, and I can guarantee there will be scrapes, mishaps and adventures to report once he's here!

We already have a cat - Smudge who we got when she ws a little kit, but she doesn't like the shop too much - she likes to roam around in the fields behind our apartmentt, and doesn't like traffic, so she's our home based companion.
She's a proper little minx, and I know she'll boss the dog!  But Les will be coming with me to the shop every day and meeting our visitors - he likes making friends just like we do!

I'm used to having dogs - my dad used to breed pedigree Lakeland Terriers - so they've always been around.  as you can tell, I'm a wee bit excited by all this and can't wait to get Les on the lead and walking about in Elounda...maybe he'll take to the water like my mates dog Boo and Amber...we'll just have to see!

The shop is pretty quiet at the moment, but we expected it from our past seasons here.  It's strange, but most of the visitors who are here now head for the beach and don't seem to want a book.  Personally, if I was lying there for any length of time, I'd HAVE to have something to occupy me - I'm not good at sitting still!

Last night was a catch up night with our friend Clarrie.  she worked at Mario's last season, and we got to know this lovely girl there.  She has family in Ag. Nik, and has come out to see us all again - wonderful!  Unfortunately, too much wine and the bumpy pavements led to a slip, and I've got the most enormous bruise on my knee!  O well, lesson learned I suppose, but I should know better!

The music was supplied by the ever- fantastic Sam on the decks, and a good time was had by all.

Well, I guess I'd better get some work done...so many books, so little time - I may have to sit on the balcony and contemplate life for a while with a coffee :)

More info on Les to follow later this week when he arrives...have a good day all!


No comments:

Post a Comment